- General Information
- Playlists management
General Information #
What is Beatsource Streaming? #
Beatsource Streaming is the streaming service of the known Beatsource open-format music online shop.
On Beatsource Streaming, you will have access to open-format music created for DJing, available anywhere — even offline with the Beatsource Locker.
Is Beatsource Streaming free? #
Beatsource Streaming is not a free service.
You can find Beatsource Streaming subscription offers and try for one month for free by following this link: https://stream.beatsource.com
How to use the offline locker #
Offline locker storage is available for Beatsource Streaming PRO and PRO+ subscribers only.
This is the only streaming service that allows DJs to store music offline for playback without an internet connection. To add tracks to your locker, follow these simple steps:
- In DJUCED, find the Beatsource track you would like to store offline.
- Right-Click on the track and select “Add to Beatsource locker”.
- Click the “Beatsource Locker” field in the Beatsource directory.
- Your offline tracks will appear in this folder.
- You can play any track in this folder, even without an internet connection!
- To remove a track from the locker, right-click on it and select “Remove from Beatsource locker”.
Why DJUCED recording feature is disabled when using Beatsource Streaming music? #
When using a streaming service, you don’t own the music, you have access to read it.
Our contract with Beatsource Streaming includes that DJUCED can’t record any audio coming from the service.
Playlists management #
It is possible to create, clear, rename or delete a Beatsource Playlist within the streaming service category.
Create a new Beatsource Playlist. #
Navigate to the Beatsource main category, then:
Click on the « gear » button next to the « Playlists » category and click « New Playlist » – (fig.1)
Right-Click on any song in the streaming service and choose « Add to playlist » => « New Playlist » – (fig.2)
Add a song to a Beatsource Playlist. #
Right Click a song, select « Add to playlist » and choose the targeted playlist. (fig.2)
It is possible to add multiple files at once with multiple selections (ctrl/cmd + Click to select multiple songs)
Modify a Beatsource Playlist. #
You can rename, clear, or delete a Beatsource playlist by right-clicking on it in the Playlists listing. (fig.3)
Why accessing/downloading Beatsource Streaming music files takes time? #
Beatsource proposes different quality subscriptions and delivers 128 kbps AAC Streaming and 256 kbps AAC Streaming music.
In that format, 4 minutes of music is a file around 5 to 10Mb.
That’s why having a good and stable internet connection is required for a good experience.
With Pro and Pro+ subscription, it is possible to store between 50 to 100 Tracks in the Beatsource Offline Locker.
I can’t Login to Beatsource in DJUCED, what should I do? #
Beatsource Streaming is an online service that requires an Internet connection to work with DJUCED, and also a subscription.
If you still can’t access to Beatsource service in DJUCED, please check that:
- Beatsource Streaming service is online – If it’s offline, it will not work either in DJUCED.
- DJUCED application is authorized to communicate with the internet – so – that a firewall or an antivirus program doesn’t block DJUCED.
- Your internet connection is stable and fast.
- Reset the Beatsource cache by deleting the “beatsource” folder located in the “Documents/DJUCED/” folder on your computer.